What is Predictive Maintenance and how can it benefit your yacht?
Predictive maintenance can be defined as follows:
“Measurements that detect the onset of system degradation, thereby allowing causal stressors to be eliminated or controlled prior to any significant deterioration in the component physical state.”
Its results let the user know the system’s current and future functional capability. As such, the advantages of predictive maintenance are many. A well-orchestrated predictive maintenance program can eliminate catastrophic equipment failures. Scheduled updates diminish overtime maintenance costs. Required parts can be ordered well ahead of time to support the downstream maintenance needs and minimise the inventory. Predictive maintenance also optimises the operation of the equipment, saving energy costs and increasing yacht reliability.
Independent studies indicate the following average savings from beginning a functional predictive maintenance program onboard:
- Return on investment: 10 times
- Reduction in maintenance costs: 25% to 30%
- Elimination of breakdowns: 70% to 75%
- Reduction in downtime: 35% to 45%
- Increase in production: 20% to 25%
WISTREAM offers an end-to-end solution for both optimizing maintenance tasks and cost and improve its efficiency by monitoring system critical components.
This solution is based on three complementary parts:
- a hardware part to perform dedicated measurements (vibrations / temperature / pressure / humidity / location and more available),
- a database to store all parameters and measured data
- a software tool suite to allow visualisation (graphs/maps), data mining and decision support which can connected to a CMMS as Cindy Naval
This solution detailed on the following diagram is suitable to most maintenance cases due to its designed features:
- Hardware non-intrusive (fits the existing environment)
- Hardware configurable (custom measures definition to fit use case)
- Hardware self-powered (10 years lifetime!)
- Database NoSQL Mongo DB
- Software responsive (accessible through PC, tablet, smartphone)
For any further information, please contact Patricia Pontis on:
00 33 (0) 6 64 42 62 04